Hey Programmers, In this Post We will be discussing about Bootstrap 4 vs Bootstrap 5 Which is Best For Development. Bootstrap is a Best CSS Framework to Use for Development of Awesome Websites. And We will be Discussing about What are the Differences which one you should go For? So Let’s Start
Table of Contents:
- Introduction (Bootstrap 4 vs Bootstrap 5)
- Why use Bootstrap?
- Major Differences
- Advantages of Bootstrap
- Disadvantages of Bootstrap
- Which one is Best?
- Final Conclusion
Bootstrap 5 is the latest version of Bootstrap; with new components, faster stylesheets, and more responsiveness Bootstrap 5 supports the latest stable versions of all major browsers and platforms. However, Internet Explorer 11 and earlier versions are not supported.
Why use Bootstrap?
- It is Faster and Easier way for Web-Development.
- It creates Platform-independent web-pages.
- It creates Responsive Web-pages.
- It designes the responsive web pages for mobile devices too.
- Grid System: It has 5 tier (xs, sm, md, lg, xl).
- Color: It has only Limited Colors
- JQuery: It has all jquery plugins
- Internet Explorer: Bootstrap 4 Supports Internet Explorer 10 & 11
- Form elements: Radio buttons, checkboxes look different in different operating systems and browsers. The form uses everything the default browser provides.
- Utilities API: We cannot modify Utilities in Bootstrap 4
- Gutter: We use .glutter with font size in px
- Vertical Classes: Columns can be positioned relative
- Bootstrap Icons: Bootstrap 4 doesn’t have its own SVG icons, we have to use font awesome for the icons.
- Jumbotron: it supports Jumbotron
- Card deck: The deck is used to create a set of cards of equal width and height.
- Navbar: We have the inline-block attribute and we will have a default white dropdown for the dropdown-menu-dark class.
- Static Site Generator: Bootstrap 4 uses Jekyll software
- Flexbox Grid: this makes it easy to implement vertical designs and columns and rows can be easily implemented. justify-center-content classes can be used directly for request-based alignment.
- RTL Support: It does not allow RTL (right to left) conversion.
- Offcanvas Component: It does not support Offcanvas component.
- Grid System: It has 6 tier (xs, sm, md, lg, xl, xxl).
- Color: Additional colors are added to the look, improving the palette map. There are different shades available to choose from.
- JQuery: Jquery removed and replaced with vanilla JS with some working plugins
- Internet Explorer: Bootstrap 5 doesn’t support IE 10 and 11.
- Form elements: The appearance of form elements will not change across different operating systems or browsers. Forms can be customized and form controls can be added, they are not browser dependent.
- Utilities API: Bootstrap 5 allows freedom to modify and also create our own widget
- Gutter: We use .g* with fontsize in rem
- Vertical Classes: Columns cannot be positioned relative
- Bootstrap Icons: Bootstrap 5 has its own SVG icons
- Jumbotron: It doesn’t support jumbotron.
- Card deck: Card deck class in removed in bootstrap
- Navbar: The Inline-block property is removed and we will have a default black dropdown for the dropdown-menu-dark layer.
- Static Site Generator: Bootstrap 5 uses Hugo software as it is a fast static website builder.
- flexbox grid: Advanced grid system is available, columns also have no relative position.
- RTL Support: It allows RTL (right to left) conversion.
- Offcanvas Component: It supports Offcanvas component (i.e. it’s available now).
Advantages of (Bootstrap 4 & Bootstrap 5)
Bootstrap 4 (Advantages)
1. Easy initiation
Programming is a daunting task for someone unfamiliar with web development. But Bootstrap’s biggest use in web development is that it makes coding hassle-free. Bootstrap handles everything for you. Although he has no deep knowledge of coding, one can design an attractive landing page using Bootstrap. The only criteria is to have moderate experience with CSS and HTML. With that, the Bootstrap integration process is easy on existing and newer websites. In your existing CSS you can mix different Bootstrap platforms, frameworks, elements without any problem.
Statistics show that more than 6.4 billion smartphone users worldwide. This study shows that smartphone usage rate is more than 80%. And the numbers don’t stop there; In fact, they are increasing rapidly. Due to this high demand, having a mobile-friendly website has become a prerequisite and this task becomes easy with Bootstrap by your side. It has a flexible grid layout that adapts to screen resolutions.
3. Cross-browser compatibility
Every user is different and so are their devices. In addition to the device, they also use a variety of browsers. Bootstrap is compatible with the latest versions of all modern browsers and platforms. One of the main advantages of using Bootstrap is cross-browser compatibility. With Bootstrap by your side, breathe a sigh of relief when rendering your landing page cross-browser. Its compatibility with Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer makes it even more versatile.
4. Highly customizable
You can find a bunch of templates in Bootstrap. However, if you find them unattractive, you can customize them using a CSS file. Also, if you can’t waste time starting from scratch, you can combine customizations with existing code and improve functionality. All of these can be done in the custom page.
When using Bootstrap, the only requirement is a basic knowledge of coding. However, as a beginner, you may encounter some problems. This can cause hesitation when using Bootstrap. To overcome this problem, Bootstrap comes with a huge support community. Having a supportive community is a blessing in disguise when using any technology. You get answers to every query. You share the query and the community will actively help solve it.
Moreover, the creators are always trying to update Bootstrap for a better user experience. With this, you can always get the best help in any case.
Bootstrap 4 (Disadvantages)
1. Every Bootstrap Website Looks Similar
Bootstrap was created by the Twitter team with the aim of working faster on a standardized interface, which makes Bootstrap a separate tool that doesn’t quite fit the standard web development concepts.
The main downside is that anything built with Bootstrap will look very similar. You can manually override and modify the style sheets, but that kills the original purpose of using the framework. And even if you do, it won’t change the fact that all websites built through this framework will be extremely recognizable as Bootstrap.
2. Can be Heavy
While it is very easy to create a responsive website with Bootstrap, the end result can be quite burdensome for users in terms of slower load times, as well as battery drain issues. Also, the files generated by Bootstrap can be large, which can slow you down considerably. You could go ahead and delete everything manually, but that still loses the purpose of using the framework.
3. Learning Curve
Although Bootstrap is easy to learn, you still need to invest some time in it. You will need to know all the available Bootstrap CSS classes, as well as how Bootstrap components access these classes. You will also need time to experiment and get used to the grid system. As we said, Bootstrap’s excellent documentation will guide you through the learning process, and once you get used to it, it won’t take long to adapt to new versions of the code.
5. Visitors won’t take you seriously
Whenever you are developing a website, it is important to develop a professional website. Websites developed using bootstrap and leaving the default style seem to scare off visitors. With high cases of scams, people will always think that this type of website has always been developed by scammers due to the fact that they are growing rapidly. It is important to customize your website to make it more professional to avoid such cases.
Which one is Best?
Bootstrap 5 is More Better than Bootstrap 4 in terms of developing of a website, But Bootstrap 4 is More Stable than Bootstrap 5.
So the Final Conclusion is If you want a Stable Version then you should go for Bootstrap 4 and if you want a New Version Of Bootstrap then you should Go For Bootstrap 5.So this Was it For This Blog See you Next Till then Keep Coding Keep Exploring!